The Beginning



It all started with a crush. YES!! a silly infatuation in 9th standard.Mid of that year had this opportunity to go on a school trip to mussoorie (uttarakhand,India) and i heard that that girl had already signed up for it so i said to myself  "dude you have to go" .all i wanted was to start a conversation with her and somehow speak my heart out .So i signed up for it as well. It was the first time in my life that i was leaving the safety of my city and visiting a place i had only seen on a map. I packed the best t-shirts and that ''cool" jacket that every guy in their school days had(don't believe me ? ask em). I don't know why i am mentioning this but my mother made me eat curd sugar before i left because its India. i convinced myself that this would increase my chances with that girl. yes that girl was my only focus.so in the morning we boarded the bus from school and the journey began. my eyes were searching for her only.."ahhh there she is" everything was going fine. I started practicing and filtering lines in my mind(remember? the proposal?). i was just sitting quietly gazing at her time and again. watching her sing, dance. when the excitement ran off everyone settled and slept . Damn i wasn't able to see her anymore so i just looked out of the window cuz that day i just had to look somewhere.

Its was this moment that changed my life forever. The way curtains roll up before a theater performance, in a similar fashion this lush green mountain valley appeared in front of me. The mountains seemed like a work of art with the white ones slightly visible. It was the most beautiful sight i had ever seen in my life.
It felt like an awakening like this "wanderlust" part of me was always there but was dormant. I was in love and this one would last forever for sure.Funny thing was that i completely forgot about that girl and all i cared about was what these valleys had in store for me round the next corner and the next corner and the next. it never ends.
And just to tell you how i was feeling that time, picture this -Have you ever seen a small child who has just learned how to walk? he wobbles at first and is perplexed for a moment and then this huge smile runs down his face. Ever noticed the joy on his face. The smile, eyes wide open how happy those kids are.I was feeling the same way and boy i wanted to run.
when we reached the town of mussoorie getting out of the bus was the first thing i wanted to do. Looking at that those ranges from the window was like watching a movie and now i wanted to be part of it .Its fascinating how these travels light up your senses and make them work better. my eyes weren't static, i was just looking everywhere and walking. The faces changed ,few in their traditional attires and the way people speaking hindi had a funny side to it.
I realized how much i loved being anonymous in a alien land .I was mesmerized by it. That's when this bug of traveling bit me and it bit me hard.
i was sad when we returned but i knew for sure that this is just THE BEGINNING .

Comments

  1. Great beginning, buddy
    btw, was this girl Ms. *ahem ahem*? :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome, Brother!!

    I believe I love travelling too. Have quite a few tales of my own. Kabhi share karenge. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I lost my "Happy Place" - Spiti

CHITKUL-The Escape

A pleasant change of plans: Kullu and Manali